1 Jan 2008

How to destroy the champions?

I’m not the first person ever to ask such a question, I bet there were many frustrated guys whose favourite teams had touched the heaven and then fell down, however this time it has come to me and other follow-supporters.

It’s true we were not playing beautifully in the last six months when Mourinho was in charge, but somehow I still felt a part of the Club, I understood them and gave them my support. Unfortunately, it comes more and more difficult recently. For the first time ever in my life I do not support Chelsea manager and wish him to get sacked as soon as it’s possible.

I cannot stand on the Chelsea bench there is a guy who does not have enough experience, qualifications, knowledge, anything to be the top football club manager. He would have never become the United or Barcelona manager, so why he is in charge at the Bridge?

Even though it was about Arsenal. Nick Hornby in his remarkable book “Fever Pitch” said a manager for supporters is like a member of family, the closest friend. He is, or at least he supposes to be. Not here, not in Chelsea.

I was eventually happy when the crowd booed him during the Newcastle home game on Dec 29th singing “You don’t know what you are doing”. Somehow it can be compared to the situation of Isaiah Thomas from NY Knicks, head coach and president of this club, who does not have any support from stands. Actually, they are against him, even though the fans’ commitment in America is much but much smaller than in Europe where supporters believe that clubs belong to them.

I don’t know when something will happen in London, but unless Mr Abramovich will splash some cash for great players to close fans’ mouths, it is unavoidable. Looking back over my shoulder I remember great defence and dangerous offensive power of Chelsea. Nowadays we can lose 4 (F-O-U-R) goals at home against Aston Villa and struggle to score against Newcastle, where players fight against each other or are arrested.

Obviously, we need some players to come over and help us to go through this season. But if we don’t show doors to Mr Grant, we will fail to achieve anything even with top-class players like Ballack, Terry, Ronaldinho or Berbatov.

2 comments:

Clasher said...

You wasn't hiding with your blog Rob, was you? I won't tell you how i found out about your blog but it's great to see you writing:) Now that is my home page!

I'll pop in here everyday,

cheers mate!

Robert Blaszczak said...

apparently I may know how come you are here now ;) nice to see ya here, I don't post notes as often as you do, but hopefully you will enjoy those a few ;-) cheers!