22 Mar 2008

Tegan and Sara – Brighton gig

Forgive me please the fact I didn’t post here few notes, my target of two thousands miles in two weeks has been met and combining it with the educational duties; I hardly could find time to write something additional at my blog.

Nevertheless, I have not forgotten about it, and would be pleased if you would like to read my short (just like my memory) note about the Tegan and Sara’s concert in Concorde 2 (Brighton) venue.

It did not start optimistically though. The Canadian duo seemed to be a bit lost on the stage and their relation with the audience in the first couple of songs was weak. Personally, I though then, it would be the next “boring” gig of quite famous band, which came, gave the show and gone. Just like that.

Happily, I was wrong and the impression came simply from the shyness and natural nervousness of sisters, what vanished when the songs moved on. Both Tegan and Sara were really honest, easy-going and straightforward without beating about the bush. Despite hundreds of people around, you could have really felt like on the personal rendez-vous with girls, very special indeed.

Wasn't it bargain to get a ticket for their gig for only £9,50? I do believe so, and according to my information it is an ordinary price for their show, hence the money should not be a real issue. Therefore I hope everyone will have an opportunity to meet two lovely sisters somewhere on the planet and enjoy those few hours as I once did!

If still it is not possible, simply try to youtube them or buy one of their albums, I personally enjoy The Con, it is really great!

No comments: