22 Feb 2008

Lampard, what a player!

Many articles have been already written about Frank Lampard jr, and I don’t want to produce the next one. The truth is, I struggle with writing objectively about football since I left Poland and part-time posts giving me an opportunity to watch games from the press stands. I did really enjoy it, though. Such a pity, it is impossible at the moment here in England, however I’d love to do it again!

Coming back to the main subject of this note; let it be my small piece of the Lamps’ appreciation, his commitment and effort he did put into the Club. Last Saturday, he did a milestone step scoring goals #100 and #101 for Chelsea (literally, see picture). Moreover, the quality of football he played in this game was absolutely outstanding. Without any doubts, he deserves a place in the Chelsea’s hall (or walk) of fame to be immortalized in our memories for good, even if he decides to leave the Club at some point of his further career (in what I obviously doubt).

Although the Chelsea manager decided to leave him and JT on the bench for the Olympiakos game, it is only to frustrate them (with the sport meaning of this expression) before the Carling Cup final on Sunday. I will be there and I do really believe (because it is more than a hope!), I will see the Chelsea players lifting the Cup. I have already seen two defeats in the Community Shield, and as we often say – “third time lucky!

I simply cannot wait to be there at Wembley singing “Super, Super Frank” and celebrating the win with Chelsea boys over archrivals from North London. For the second successive year we are already the last team in Europe to fight on the four fronts and after Sunday we can make a step closer to come our dreams true.

¡Qué será, será! Whatever will be, will be, we are going to Wembley!

No comments: