19 Feb 2008

Amy MacDonald, memo from Brighton gig

The true is I had not heard about her before I decided to buy a ticket for the Tegan and Sara's gig in Concorde 2. I Saw her concert info, youtubed it and bought tickets for both gigs in the same time. Simply as that!

Amy MacDonald gave a fantastic show on Monday, 19th February, but let’s start with complaining. It had taken far too long before she appeared on the scene. There had been two long supporting artists, everything had been fine, but half-an-hour for each is too much, isn’t it? Moreover, a break between the last supportive guest and Amy’s performance was too long, around ten minutes. I believe I am patient person, however Amy and her band decided to test it. I passed it and the concert was worth every minute!

In those days full of WAGs, so-called celebrities and “others” without artistic gifts, Amy is a proof the proper musicians, singers, artists still exist. Proof and hope! Being so popular and having all gigs sold out long before they take place; she is still shy, modest and open to people. Her strong (ok, very strong, maybe even too strong for me!) Scottish accent did not let me hear everything she said, but I am sure she spoke straight from the heart. It may sound pretty silly though!

I had not expected a lot; and was positively surprised! Hopefully, Tegan and Sara will take the challenge of a bar, highly put by Ms MacDonald. Canadian sisters have their concert on Friday, the same venue, the same time, probably similar audience and the same me!

No comments: