22 May 2011

EN / Letter in the Standard

With less than 20 hours to my term papers deadlines, I didn’t look for any distractions, but somehow they found me anyway. After my comment regarding the 2018 & 2022 World Cup bids had been first published in the Evening Standard (its Polish-language version can be found here) few months ago, I was approached once again by the London paper. This time, however, the issue was rather different and closer to my academic interests, related to my Masters degree.

In the wake of the assassination of Bin Laden, I was asked to briefly present my take on the events in Pakistan. Although shortened and edited, my comment was eventually published in a rather distinguished companion in the letters section. Since May 3rd was also my deadline day at the university, I didn’t even have a chance to chase a printed copy of the Evening Standard, hence apologies for pasting below only a print screen from the electronic version of the paper. I probably should have posted it at least a couple of weeks earlier (like many many other things that I hadn’t published at all over the last few months due to a busy schedule), but I simply ran out of time. Nevertheless, have a quick look and if you find time, follow my timeline on facebook to join the debate about the circumstances and implications of OBL’s death.


(Evening Standard, May 3rd, 2011, online version)

No comments: