11 Apr 2008

Olympic torch, oh yes!

Some people have asked me recently what do I think about the Tibet issue in context of the Olympic games in China this year? And to be honest, I do really feel confused with its complexity.

First of all, I feel deeply sorry for sports people, all involved in it on the highest level, who will take part in this summer’s competitions. For most of them it’s once-in-life experience, the only occasion to become famous, popular, great, heros... Just like in an ancient Greece. I am sure; most of them are focus on their performance rather than all of those politics around the Olympics. To here about the Olympics’ boycott, makes me sorry for those who are going to participate.

On the other hand, I can imagine how the opponents of the communist regime in the PRC want to use popularity of its rally all over the globe and show the worldwide support for freedom movements. It is a pity though that the Olympics are included.

So why did not they demonstrate their views in from of the People’s Republic of China Embassies and Consulates or at China’s cultural events? The torch is a symbol of peace and community, therefore should not be related to anything what is negative. But the violent, I have heard recently about, is.

In the meantime, it was pretty funny how some people tried to move a club from one place to another without letting know the League commissioner. It could happen in the States only...